- My baby sister, Izzy, is, slowly, learning to walk. For the her therapy we have to hold one of her hands and help her walk. As I was doing this the other day I was struck by the way Izzy was holding my hand. Two things. 1. She was holding it in a death grip. and 2. She trusted me enough to hold on my hand. When I think about this she is showing a couple of things. She clings tightly and at her age (under two) she already trusts people, and it made me wonder if we easily do the same thing with God. When we are nervous or are doing our everyday life do we cling to God to be in His presence every day? Do we trust God enough to hold His hand and let Him lead us down the narrow path? Just think about it.
- God bless.
Friday, June 14, 2013
Monday, June 10, 2013
- I received this email a little while ago and thought I would share it.
- The only survivor of the shipwreck was washed up on a small, uninhabited island. He prayed feverishly for God to rescue him. Every day he scanned the horizon for help, but none seemed forthcoming.
Exhausted, he eventually managed to build a little hut out of driftwood to protect himself from the elements, and to store his few possessions. One day, after scavenging for food, he arrived home to find his little hut in flames, with smoke rolling up to the sky. He felt the worst had happened, and everything was lost. He was stunned with disbelief, grief, and anger. He cried out, 'God! How could you do this to me?'
Early the next day, he was awakened by the sound of a ship approaching th island! It had come to rescue him! 'How did you know I was here?' asked the weary man of his rescuers. 'We saw your smoke signal,' they replied.
The Moral of This Story:
It's easy to get discouraged when things are going bad, but we shouldn't lose hear, because God is at work in our lives, even in the midst of our pain and suffering. Remember that the next time you little hut seems to be burning to the ground. It just may be a smoke signal that summons the Grace of God.
Wednesday, June 5, 2013
Friday, May 31, 2013
Wednesday, May 29, 2013
- I love watching a plan of God take place. how he puts a dot here and there and then he slowly connects them to form a bigger picture. That is how our life is. Everybody's life is a dot in God's big picture, and sometimes he puts smaller ones inside of it. We all have a reason to be here. God knows what he has stored for us, and for us to find out we just have to go with the flow and see where God has placed us.
- This week God has been showing me that I shouldn't worry about tomorrow. As Jesus says in Matthew 6:31,32
If I look ahead for what we'll be doing in June all of it is just stuffed with so much stuff it can be overwhelming, but if I look ahead at just today my life is not being flooded. Because things will change. For example: Trips will be canceled, Prices go up, People move, and a million other things. But we need to just let that stuff go.
- Title "God, can I ask you a question?"
Me:God, can I ask you a question?
Me:Promise you won't get mad?
Me:Why did you let so much stuff happen to me today?
God:What do you mean?
Me:Well, I woke up late.
Me:My car took forever to start.
Me:At lunch they made my sandwich wrong and I had to wait.
Me:On the way home my phone went dead just as I picked up a call.
Me:And on top of all that, when I got home I just wanted to soak my feet in my new foot massager and relax, but it wouldn't work!!! Nothing went right today! Why did you do that?
God:Well, let me see. The Death Angel was at your bed this morning and I had to send one of the other angels to battle him for your life. I let you sleep through that.
GOD:I didn't let your car start because there was a drunk driver on your route that would have hit you if you were on the road.
God:The person who made your first sandwich today was sick and I didn't want you to catch what he has. I knew youcouldn't afford to miss work.
God:Your phone went dead because the person who was calling was going to give false witness about what you said during that call. I didn't even let you talk to them so that you would be covered.
Me:(softly) I see, God.
God:Oh, and that foot massager had a short that was going to throw out all of the power in your house tonight. I didn't think you wanted to be in the dark.
Me:I'm sorry God.
God:Don't be sorry, just learn to trust me in all things, the good and the bad.
Me:I will trust you.
God:And don't doubt that MY plan for your day is always better than your plan.
Me:I won't, God. And let me just tell you God, thank you for everything today.
God:You're welcome, child. It was just another day being your God, and I love looking after my children.
Thursday, May 16, 2013
- I have rock climbing practice every Tuesday and Thursday, sometimes Saturday. Well, our team is learning how to lead (when you pull the rope from the ground and clip into caribeaners). We all were doing the normal thing. As we were climbing I was thinking, "It would be kind of nice to have a rope to climb in the rock gym." My dad has a rope, but it's kind of long for a 40ft wall, but I was fine with using it if he said yes. Well, God heard my thoughts (I didn't even ask!) and he decided to let me be lead belay certified AND gave me my own climbing rope!!! Isn't God good?! He hears the little thoughts we say to ourselves, and sometimes he decides to bless us. It might not have been a big deal to some people, but for me that was a blessing.
- He blesses us with a lot of things, education, family, homes, computers, phones, electricity, running water etc. (I could write tons of books of what we are blessed with). Some blessing are things we need, while others are things that help our life be easier (not that it always is). Look around you. Don't you see God's thumbprint?
- What little things has God blessed YOU with this week?