- This is a wonderful song the Newsboys have made of "Gods Not Dead"
- We all need to sing praises to our God everyday. He loves to hear us sing all the time.
- So give him joy by singing praises to HIM!!!
Saturday, April 28, 2012
Wednesday, April 25, 2012
- Everyday we need to be able to forgive. No matter how much that person did to us we always have to forgive them even before they say they are sorry. We need to forgive others because it is what Jesus would want us to do.
- It is never easy being a Christian. Brothers and sisters are dying right now for Jesus. People are being persecuted right now for Jesus.
- One of the ways we can help is by praying for them and even writing letters to them and the government officials in their area.
- www.be-a-voice.net This is a website you can go to and you can find out more about what is going on.
- The people are in jail simply because they are Christians, and they need encouragement from you.
Wednesday, April 18, 2012
- No matter how mad we are we always need to be cheerful in everything we do. Whether it is doing our chores or buying groceries. We need to have a cheerful heart for the Lord.
- We all get mad, and we always seem to cool off after a time. One verse that keeps me from going to sleep mad is "...Don't let the sun go down while you are still angry, for anger gives a foothold to the devil." Ephesians 4:26-27. I definitely do no want o give the devil a foothold. I want to give 100% to God only.
- No matter how hard we try we will always sin. If we never sinned there would be no reason for Jesus to die for us. "For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son. So that whoever beliveth in Him shall not perish but, have eternal life." John 3:16
- Isn't it amazing that God loves us so much he gave his only son to die for us? Think of someone you love who is second to God. If you think about it long enough you realize that Gods love is very powerful, and never ending.
- This story of Edith Burns shows just how much she loved the Lord, and it makes you think. How much do you love Jesus? and what do you, and what can you do more for Jesus?
- Edith Burns was a wonderful Christian who lived in San Antonio , Texas . She was the patient of a doctor by the name of Will Phillips. Dr. Phillips was a gentle doctor who saw patients as people. His favorite
patient was Edith Burns.
One morning he went to his office with a heavy heart and it was because of Edith Burns. When he walked into that waiting room, there sat Edith with her big black Bible in her lap earnestly talking to a young mother sitting beside her.
Edith Burns had a habit of introducing herself in this way: "Hello, my name is Edith Burns. Do you believe in Easter?" Then she would explain the meaning of Easter, and many times people would be saved.
Dr. Phillips walked into that office and there he saw the head nurse, Beverly . Beverly had first met Edith when she was taking her blood pressure.
Edith began by saying, “My name is Edith Burns. Do you believe in Easter?"
Beverly said, "Why yes I do."
Edith said, "Well, what do you believe about Easter?"
Beverly said, "Well, it's all about egg hunts, going to church, and dressing up." Edith kept pressing her about the real meaning of Easter, and finally led her to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ.
Dr. Phillips said, " Beverly , don't call Edith into the office quite yet. I believe there is another delivery taking place in the waiting room.
After being called back in the doctor's office, Edith sat down and when she took a look at the doctor she said, "Dr. Will, why are you so sad? Are you reading your Bible? Are you praying?"
Dr. Phillips said gently, "Edith, I'm the doctor and you're the patient." With a heavy heart he said, "Your lab report came back and it says you have cancer, and Edith, you're not going to live very long."
Edith said, "Why Will Phillips, shame on you. Why are you so sad? Do you think God makes mistakes? You have just told me I'm going to see my precious Lord Jesus, my husband, and my friends. You have just
told me that I am going to celebrate Easter forever, and here you are having difficulty giving me my ticket!"
Dr. Phillips thought to himself, "What a magnificent woman this Edith Burns is!"
Edith continued coming to Dr. Phillips. Christmas came and the office was closed through January 3rd. On the day the office opened, Edith did not show up. Later that afternoon, Edith called Dr. Phillips and said she would have to be moving her story to the hospital and said, "Will, I'm very near home, so would you make sure that they put women in here next to me in my room who need to know about Easter."
Well, they did just that and women began to come in and share that room with Edith. Many women were saved. Everybody on that floor from staff to patients were so excited about Edith, that they started calling her Edith Easter; that is everyone except Phyllis Cross, the head nurse.
Phyllis made it plain that she wanted nothing to do with Edith because she was a "religious nut". She had been a nurse in an army hospital. She had seen it all and heard it all. She was the original G.I. Jane. She had been married three times, she was hard, cold, and did everything by the book.
One morning the two nurses who were to attend to Edith were sick. Edith had the flu and Phyllis Cross had to go in and give her a shot.
- When she walked in, Edith had a big smile on her face and said, "Phyllis, God loves you and I love you, and I have been praying for you."
Phyllis Cross said, "Well, you can quit praying for me, it won't work.. I'm not interested."
Edith said, "Well, I will pray and I have asked God not to let me go home until you come into the family."
Phyllis Cross said, "Then you will never die because that will never happen," and curtly walked out of the room.
Every day Phyllis Cross would walk into the room and Edith would say, "God loves you Phyllis and I love you, and I'm praying for you."
One day Phyllis Cross said she was literally drawn to Edith's room like a magnet would draw iron. She sat down on the bed and Edith said, "I'm so glad you have come, because God told me that today is your special day"
Phyllis Cross said, "Edith, you have asked everybody here the question, "Do you believe in Easter but you have never asked me."
Edith said, "Phyllis, I wanted to many times, but God told me to wait until you asked, and now that you have asked." Edith Burns took her Bible and shared with Phyllis Cross the Easter Story of the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Edith said, "Phyllis, do you believe in Easter? Do you believe that Jesus Christ is alive and that He wants to live in your heart?"
Phyllis Cross said, "Oh I want to believe that with all of my heart, and I do want Jesus in my life "Right there, Phyllis Cross prayed and invited Jesus Christ into her heart. For the first time Phyllis Cross did not walk out of a hospital room, she was carried out on the wings of angels.
Two days later, Phyllis Cross came in and Edith said, "Do you know what day it is?" Phyllis Cross said, "Why Edith, it's Good Friday."
Edith said, "Oh, no, for you every day is Easter. Happy Easter Phyllis!"
Two days later, on Easter Sunday, Phyllis Cross came into work, did some of her duties and then went down to the flower shop and got some Easter lilies because she wanted to go up to see Edith and give her some Easter lilies and wish her a Happy Easter.
When she walked into Edith's room, Edith was in bed. That big black Bible was on her lap. Her hands were in that Bible. There was a sweet smile on her face. When Phyllis Cross went to pick up Edith's hand, she realized Edith was dead. Her left hand was on John 14: "In my Father's house are many mansions. I go to prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also."
Her right hand was on Revelation 21:4, "And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes, there shall be no more death nor sorrow, nor crying; and there shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away."
Phyllis Cross took one look at that dead body, and then lifted her face toward heaven, and with tears streaming down her cheeks, said, "Happy Easter, Edith - Happy Easter!"
Phyllis Cross left Edith's body, walked out of the room, and over to a table where two student nurses were sitting. She said, "My name is Phyllis Cross. Do you believe in Easter?"
Monday, April 16, 2012
- How I long to be able to see things the way our dear Lord and Savior does.
- I want to be able to love everyone without resentment. I want to do everything Jesus wants me to do. Care for the poor, obey my parents, and everything else.
- I want to bless people... I want to know that God is there smiling at me because I obey him. I have many sinful thoughts, and I am thankful that I have never said them all. I try to think before I say things,
butand yet that is so hard to do.
- God is always there for us and will always forgive us. No matter how horrible it is.
- Brandon Heath has a wonderful way of singing "Give me your eyes", and I want for God to be able let me see some things through His loving and caring eyes.
Saturday, April 14, 2012
- WWJD? How many of us take that to heart?
- We sometimes do things we regret after doing, and yet whenever we are in a circumstance we never seen to even think of it.
- We need to bring the saying "What Would Jesus Do?" everyday, and in everything we do. We all need to be more like Jesus. Somebody once said "Christian is just a title. Everyone can say they are a Christian, and yet the never are". How many actually serve God? How many really believe in Him?
- I was outside last night talking to God, and I realized. How many people are actually real in the faith and are going to heaven? SO many questions were similar to that and I wondered how many people were going to be saved from Gods wrath. When I had talked to someone the other day I asked."If you died today. Would you go to heaven or hell?" There are so many people who think they will get to heaven for there good deeds, but that is not so! Jesus clearly stated in the Bible that the only way to get to heaven is through Him! There are many deaf ears,"He who has ears let him hear!". That saying was spoken from Jesus very often in the Bible.
- I wondered and wonder what can I do more for Jesus. Who died for me... How can I serve him more and what have I done for him.
- What would you say if Jesus came back right now? Would you be ready? Jesus said"Nobody knows the day or the hour except for the Father". All of us need to be ready for Jesus because it will come like "A thief sneaking through the night".
- Are you ready for Jesus?
Friday, April 13, 2012
- Last night we brought the kids from our neighborhood to a concert. The singers was Humble Tip, Xedus, and Advocate. It was a different type of music than our family is use to listening, but is was a memorable time worshiping the Lord through it all
- It was a wonderful experience in the beginning, when people shared their talent, and one man, Cedric Peerman, shared his testimony.
- It is through everything we sing to our God that is music to his ears.
- Everyday we need to sing praise to our Creator. We would not be here if not for him.
- I love to sing to Him everyday. Even if it is just a piece of a song or it is some type of worship I have made up in my heart just for Him.
- Amy Grant has a wonderful way in singing "Better Than A Hallelujah" so please listen.
Tuesday, April 10, 2012
- Many times we all think to ourselves "I don't want to do that" or "I am to busy to do that right now."
- Then we wonder later if it might have been the Holy Spirit tugging our body to do it.
- I read a story about a lady who was bringing purses to the homeless, and she knew they would want big ones, but she threw in a small little pink one any way. Later that little pink purse found its way into the hands of a six year old girl. The lady was then glad she brought it, and thanked God for telling her to bring it.
- We all wonder if God or the Holy Spirit will ever speak to us, and He does. It is the gentle nudging we feel that tell us to do something or tell someone a word, and God is speaking to you there.
- He speaks to us everyday, and we just have to listen.
- The Lady in the story is Jen Hatmaker, and I ask that you go to this website where you can read that story and more. http://jenhatmaker.com/blog/2012/04/02/the-easter-conundrum-part-#.T3y1VlL0PNA.facebook
- I hope you have a wonderful day and you will try to listen to God more often from here on out.
Sunday, April 8, 2012
- Today is a special day as we celebrate Jesus rising from the grave.
- Is is so amazing that "God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only son to die for us..." John 3:16
- Because God loves us, and Jesus died for us we have a reason to live. Not just live for ourselves, but for others.
- If we serve others we are serving Jesus in Mathew 25:34-40 it says.
- "Then the King will say to those on his right,'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world.
- For I was hungry and you have me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me into your home, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'
- "Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink?
- When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needed clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?'
- "The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for the least of these brothers of mine, you did unto me.'"
- It just shows you that whatever you do for the least of those (people). You are doing it for the King of kings.
- So, for this Easter to celebrate the eternal life that Jesus provided a way for every sinner. Here is a song for us all to sing to Jesus with...
Saturday, April 7, 2012
- My memory verse of the day is "If you are asked about your Christian hope, always be ready to explain it." 1 Peter 3:15.
- It reminded me that I need to be prepared with the sword of the spirit when I am taken off guard.
- It could happen at any time, and if I have not memorized scripture how am I to be prepared for the battle against the evil around me?
- I still have to be reminded of that very often because I do not always want to take the time to open my Bible and search for a memory verse.
- It is the temptation to say "no" to reading my Bible, and I know that I need to every time I don't read it.
- What about you?
Friday, April 6, 2012
- Today is an exciting day as I start my first blog! I am still discovering the buttons on this thing.
- Just like I am discovering God's plan for my life. To tell you the truth I really wanted to start a fundraiser campaign, but it didn't work out.
- I was really upset with Mamma and Daddy when they said "Not right now" to start a fundraiser at first, but after a while I realized that it might be one of those things that you can't do until you are older.
- Mamma and Daddy didn't get to do the things they wanted to do for God right away. They had a lot of waiting to do until they could accomplish some of their dreams.
- I have to figure out how to swerve around my feelings and try to do something better with certain options, applied with certain rules.
- Things don't and can't happen the way we want it to go all the time.
- That is just life...