Saturday, April 7, 2012

Why memorizing scripture is important

  • My memory verse of the day is "If you are asked about your Christian hope, always be ready to explain it." 1 Peter 3:15.
  •  It reminded me that I need to be prepared with the sword of the spirit when I am taken off guard.
  • It could happen at any time, and if I have not memorized scripture how am I to be prepared for the battle against the evil around me?
  • I still have to be reminded of that very often because I do not always want to take the time to open my Bible and search for a memory verse.
  • It is the temptation to say "no" to reading my Bible, and I know that I need to every time I don't read it. 
  • What about you?

3 comments:

  1. Thanks sweetie...I REALLY needed this :) If we know His word we are always "fitted for battle." It is easy to neglect the most important things in life. I love you ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so impressed! :) I love this site!!! It's sooooo great! You've done a wonderful job and I love to read your wonderful 'thoughts'...I so agree woth you and am so proud of you!!!..I love you, Nana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such wise words, Soleil! I've enjoyed reading all of your posts! Can't wait to read what you write in the future :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments always make my day