- Well I just got some good news! Mamma just said that we will be taking a break from school. Hallelujah! She said that this week we will be working hard on school, and June and July we will be taking a break. Though we will be doing some school throughout the summer. (which I want to or else I will forget everything). It isn't like we have been doing school for half of the day. But even if you do school for 2hours a day you still want a break.
- Also in July we might be able to go to Florida with our Memere to visit my aunt, uncle, and cousin. They just moved down this year so now all my cousins live out of state! (I'm not close with my cousin's because they live in TX,FL,and OK).
Wednesday, May 30, 2012
Tuesday, May 29, 2012
- Hello everyone! So sorry that I haven't been blogging lately, but I will catch you up to date on what has been going on. I went to my Memere's Saturday and had the whole day with her going to the Virginia science museum in Richmond (watching an IMAX movie while we were there. The beautiful scenery was awesome!), getting ice cream at Mcdonalds (for those who know me personally don't worry. I don't eat anything from there except ice cream). Then after we got home we played games, and in the morning got to see a really cute colt or filly and capture pictures of it. I will try to get pictures on the blog for you.
- Sunday, when we got home, I got to help Daddy with a trip for the younger boys in the neighborhood to the river! It was sooo awesome! I also got to go on jump rock twice (jump rock is a tall rock, and at the bottom the water is deep enough to jump off of for even adults). To tell you the truth though I was scared and when I jumped off I was okay until about 5feet above the water I felt like screaming, but the experiance is just too awesome to let that stand in the way. On my last jump I landed on my bottom so it was and is kind of sore. :)
- Today I didn't wake up until 10am! I had a very restful night. The whole family had breakfast and then played Life (Daddy won).
- My Dad made this video of some of the things he's doing with UMA. This is the river we ran.
- Cool UMA Video!
- Last evening my sister found this poor little black kitten. It needed a bunch of medical care and other stuff. But other than that it is really cute! This evening though our neighbors saw the cat, and kept it around so the Animal Control could pick him up. I am happy that the kitten will have a chance to be all better, and to also have a good home. If he stayed in the neighborhood he wouldn't have a good chance of surviving I don't think.
Wednesday, May 23, 2012
- Sunday was the last day for Day of Difference. I had a wonderful time helping out. I helped with every part of the bulletins: printing, folding, folding other bulletins, putting different bulletins inside other bulletins, and handing out bulletins.
- The other day I also tried Princess Leia buns on me (hard to believe, but I wanted to try it anyway) They looked OK. I also watched a couple videos on hairdos today as well. I actually did one of them, and it is still on me as I type! I will try the other one tomorrow hopefully.
- Just so you all know I thought I would let you know about a give away another blog is doing. (It is for two Canon Rebel camera's and a $100 gift card. here is the website:
- Monday I planted some seeds that should pop up around 10 days. I planted lavender, aster, snapdragon, marigold, and two other flowers I don't know the names of, but they should be very pretty! Last time I did planting I didn't get to transplant, so they stayed in the planting box until they died (I forgot to water them EVERY day:( which it seems like they drank all their water before the end of the day.) This time I am not going to forget. Also they are in the ground so they should stay pretty moist.
- I hope everyone has a wonderful day. God Bless!
Saturday, May 19, 2012
- Today I helped with DoD and it was wonderful! I really enjoyed it. I was stationed next to my best friend making and serving popcorn, and make a few snow cones (that was my friends' job, but we shared together). I have no idea how many popcorn bags or snow cones we gave away, but it was a lot! Right now I am lying in my bed relaxing from all the work we did today. It might seem that it wasn't a lot of work, but Oh boy you are soooo wrong! Put yourself in our position, and you are working together making snow cones/popcorn and person after person comes up to you for both. Some saying "cherry and blue raspberry" (the flavor snow cones) or "Popcorn please", and last but not least "Can I have some more juice?" (the flavor again). It was very messy as well. If you ever say you will help with snow cones (or will be right next to some) BEWARE! Wear messy clothes all the way down to the shoes. I had the unfortunate mistake of wearing my best tennis shoes that I just got in March, and I wasn't very excited about getting them covered with syrup. But, if you are up for adventure and having fun go for it!
- I hope everyone is enjoying themselves today on Saturday. God Bless!
Thursday, May 17, 2012
- Tomorrow I am going to help with Day Of Difference! Day Of Difference is an outreach from the local churches to our neighborhood. They do things like fix up people's homes, pick up trash, games for the kids, free haircuts, and more. I am very excited. Then on Sunday night the youth group from our church is going to sing Rise Up and Glorious Day. I am so VERY excited to do Rise Up with a dance too. I am still getting use to the dance and the words to the music, but I think I have almost all of it.
- I have been looking at a program called Mango that our library is doing online. It is very cool. there are MANY languages there. The language I have been looking at is Spanish (since that is the language Daddy wants me to learn before anything after English). It sometimes doesn't seem that English is the hardest language to learn, but I think that I can see how that is possible. It is hard to imagine what it would be like if everyone spoke one language (tower of Babel).
- The weather yesterday was wonderful, and is suppose to be nice the rest of this week (which I am VERY excited for!) Also another big wonderful thing. I finished 1 John 3!!!!! I am so excited! Now all I have to do is write Proverbs 3 down on index cards and begin.
- I hope everyone has a wonderful week!
Tuesday, May 15, 2012
- Yesterday was a wonderful day as we all celebrated Mother's Day. My gift to Mamma was a scrapbook I made of pictures of us together. Her favorite page was one with her in her wedding dress on a motorcycle and one with me on a small motorcycle in a white dress, and the page labeled "TWINS"
- Our sunday school that morning was wonderful, and after church we had company over for a while, and then went over to a friends house to have a late lunch. I am going to memorize my 5 out of 6 index cards of 1 John 3! So tomorrow I should have mostly all of it memorized! I am so excited! I could quote to you what I have memorized, but you might find it boring to read all of my mistakes and not hear them in person, so you should just look it up yourself. I am reading from a NLT Bible if you are curious.
- Today I got a 100% on my Math!!!! I am so happy. I have had scores from a 62-100 the 62 is probably from a bad day that I forgot everything. (whoops). When I learned that you had to be good at Math to become a pilot I went to work, and I try as hard as I can at math. But, the one thing I am not so good at is English. I LOVE writing stories (on my own), but English is not one I am good at.
- Don't you feel good when you know that you did something wonderful? (not like when your little sister is trying to make surprise cookies and uses 1 and a 1/2 bottles of vanilla, 1 bag of chocolate chips, sprinkles, and other things that make it look like deer poo.) ;) But when you do something that makes someone else happy......especially God! :)
Sunday, May 13, 2012
- Today was a beautiful day! I was able to do my first day as a volunteer at our library. I had a great time helping kids with a Mother's Day craft.
- This week I am trying to memorize 1 John 3... the whole chapter. It has been very fun while I memorize one index card a day and in 3 more days I should have the whole chapter memorized! I hope to have it "hidden in my heart" for the rest of my life. After I finish 1 John 3 I will be memorizing Proverbs 3 (something going on with 3's?) I was reading it in my devotion today and was in love with the passage immediatly. I want to get closer than ever to the Lord this year. I pray that I will be more like him in everything I do, and that I can become:wise, patient, loving, caring and kind.
- I feel like I know what I want to be. A missionary. It is as simple yet complicated as that. I have always wanted to be a nurse until I wanted to be a missionary, but then I realized I could still be a nurse and still be a missionary. Then on my list of things to be I added these three together: missionary, nurse, and pilot. Now I do not want to become a pilot to fly as a commercial pilot. Just a small pilot who can fly people and supplies into other countries. Now this might not be what God has planned for me, and that would be a pretty big dissapointment because I have wanted to be a missionary since I was 10. But, I would rather please the Lord than myself.
- Now I think that the Lord may have me here in my family because I need training. Training for what you may ask, but the answer is clear. The training for becoming a servant/slave for Christ. We shouldn't live without living for him! We need to show everyone on earth his love. Have you heard this saying before? "Actions speak louder than words"? Well it is true! If we show people actions through love they may want to know more about the love of Christ! "In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father" Matthew 5:16
Thursday, May 10, 2012
- Our youth pastor taught us about devotions this evening. I listened to every word because I really need to do my devotions. He said that we all need to have spiritual intelligence. The only way to get that is to read God's word. I got up at 7:30 for a while so I could make time to do devotions, but then that wore off after a while. This year I have REALLY wanted to come closer to the Lord, and yet I am not having a real devotion. So I am going to get back on track and stay on track as long as I live hopefully.
- Our youth pastor also said "Don't just read and be done with it. Read it around 2-4 times and see what God has said through that or think about what it means" So think about your devotion time and how is your walk with the Lord? Make time to spend with him everyday!
Tuesday, May 8, 2012
- Well this evening while I was at rock climbing (which I do for a sport) I was thinking as I was taking ( it means up in the air hanging off the rope and not on the holds) I realized that as I take it is sort of like God. God stays connected to us as long as we are holding onto him. If we don't and do the journey in front of us (like climbing without a rope) if we fall we are dead. But, if we are connected to him if we fall God holds onto us and will keep us from falling far.So why shouldn't we stay connected to him? Choose him only for your saviour and keep it that way .
- "Dear children, keep away from anything that might take God's place in your hearts." 1 John 5:13 is a verse I am trying to memorize and it is a wonderful way to motivate yourself to keep away from evil deeds.
Monday, May 7, 2012
- Well this weekend has been such and amazing one! Our church got a new youth pastor this Sunday and Saturday my sister and I went to my grandmothers house, and had so much fun! We went walking, yard saling, played games and other stuff. Sunday we (the youth) were excited to see our new youth pastor. We also are rehearsing a 3 songs for the last year of Day of Difference here in Lynchburg. The three songs are Rise Up, Glorious Day, We are the Free,
- God bless! and have a wonderful day! "Cheerfully do everything as if doing it for the Lord"
Friday, May 4, 2012
- Me and my sister got in a really bad argument last night. It was over a really silly thing, just asking me to turn the light out and I repeatedly refused. I made her so mad that she spit on me, and asked me again why I didn't turn the light out very rudely. I was just about to answer "I don't do things for a rude sister, and one who spits on me". When all of the sudden it hit me. Jesus was spit upon and killed, and he still loved those who percecuted him. He loves everyone and he wants christians to follow his example, and I am not doing that, when I myself am being rude and not being patient, kind or loving. I am not worth anything without God because he is the one who made me. So today I tried as hard as I could to be patient, and I still didn't act like Christ. I was trying to see if my baby foster sister would go to sleep again, and my sister came in the room and wouldn't leave for the second time. I asked her to leave, but when she didn't things turned bad. After that I held the baby while I was doing my math and told my foster sister (who will be 6 months the 8th of this month) "I can't let this go on all day now can I?" I didn't expect her to open the door, but she did! So I went into the bathroom where me and my sister discussed everything and we both apologized and we are still friends.
- So PLEASE try not to get in arguments with your siblings. It ruins your whole day, and when that happens I do not enjoy it.
Thursday, May 3, 2012
- Today we were cleaning and cutting some of the strawberries we picked with the girls in our neighborhood yesterday. It made me VERY thankful that we have running water. Mamma was telling me about her time in Haiti that they had to wash clothes and dishes by hand, and that it took a long time. The Lord has really blessed our home. I have a loving family, a clean bed with sheets, a roof over my head, food, and more. I could spend all day naming things that God has given my family and me.
- Please pray for our brothers and sisters, and our Government. Just because today is the National Day of Prayer doesn't mean we can't pray for everyone everyday. The apostle Paul says in his letters that he was praying for them. He prayed all the time! I can't even imagine how much praying he did. But, I do know that I do not pray the amount he prayed! I made a reminder for me to pray for the persecuted church, and it is a project/craft at the same time. I took a "Who Will You Pray for Today" map, that is a poster, from Voice Of the Martyrs, http://www.persecution.com/, and then I wrote down all of the names of the people that are in prison (that VOM knows about). Voice of the Martyrs have a couple different websites, but if you go to http://www.prisoneralert.com/ you can find out about christian prisoners.
- I hope that you have a wonderful day, and God bless!!!
Wednesday, May 2, 2012
- We all are disappointed one day or the other. If we know something isn't just right we sometimes try to go through with it and do it anyway, and it ends up in a mess. I have tried that before. I was trying to make a skirt today and I knew my fabric was a little to short, but I tried to go through with it anyway. It ended up being a total disaster and it didn't look good or fit right. But, it doesn't mean that I am a horrible seamstress. Just that I need to have more practice. We always need to do what God want us to do and not go around what he calls us to do. Like reading His word and taking time to talk to him.
- Everything we see effects us, and whatever we say or do effects other people. So we need to be careful. I often hurt my sisters' feelings when I say a word too harshly or I don't answer her. She will ask me something and I sometimes don't answer on purpose. This hurts her feelings and then makes me feel bad, and when I try to apologize she is so hurt that she doesn't always want to be near me at the moment. But, I always feel wonderful when my sister says she forgives me, and I try to do better not to do it again.
- So the lesson to be learned today is. Don't try to go around what God calling you to do, and be careful of what you say and do.
- "And whatever you do or say, let it be as a representative of the Lord Jesus, all of the while giving thanks through him to God the Father." Col 3:17