Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Learning From Your Mistakes

  • We all are disappointed one day or the other. If we know something isn't just right we sometimes try to go through with it and do it anyway, and it ends up in a mess. I have tried that before. I was trying to make a skirt today and I  knew my fabric was a little to short, but I tried to go through with it anyway. It ended up being a total disaster and it didn't look good or fit right. But, it doesn't mean that I am a horrible seamstress. Just that  I need to have more practice. We always need to do what God want us to do and not go around what he calls us to do. Like reading His word and taking time to talk to him.
  • Everything we see effects us, and whatever we say or do effects other people. So we need to be careful. I often hurt my sisters' feelings when I say a word too harshly or I don't answer her. She will ask me something and I sometimes don't answer on purpose. This hurts her feelings and then makes me feel bad, and when I try to apologize she is so hurt that she doesn't always want to be near me at the moment. But, I always feel wonderful when my sister says she forgives me, and I try to do better not to do it again.
  • So the lesson to be learned today is. Don't try to go around what God calling you to do, and be careful of what you say and do. 
  • "And whatever you do or say, let it be as a representative of the Lord Jesus, all of the while giving thanks through him to God the Father." Col 3:17                                        

1 comment:

  1. Excellent reminder! I had fun hanging out with you last night and even though the skirt messed up, your shirt turned out good and you should be proud of that!

    ReplyDelete

Comments always make my day