Sunday, May 13, 2012

Shine!!!

  • Today was a beautiful day! I was able to do my first day as a volunteer at our library. I had a great time helping kids with a Mother's Day craft.
  • This week I am trying to memorize 1 John 3... the whole chapter. It has been very fun while I memorize one index card a day and in 3 more days I should have the whole chapter memorized! I hope to have it "hidden in my heart" for the rest of my life. After I finish 1 John 3 I will be memorizing Proverbs 3 (something going on with 3's?) I was reading it in my devotion today and was in love with the passage immediatly. I want to get closer than ever to the Lord this year. I pray that I will be more like him in everything I do, and that I can become:wise, patient, loving, caring and kind.
  •  I feel like I know what I want to be. A missionary. It is as simple yet complicated as that. I have always wanted to be a nurse until I wanted to be a missionary, but then I realized I could still be a nurse and still be a missionary. Then on my list of things to be I added these three together: missionary, nurse, and pilot. Now I do not want to become a pilot to fly as a commercial pilot. Just a small pilot who can fly people and supplies into other countries. Now this might not be what God has planned for me, and that would be a pretty big dissapointment because I have wanted to be a missionary since I was 10. But, I would rather please the Lord than myself.
  • Now I think that the Lord may have me here in my family because I need training. Training for what you may ask, but the answer is clear. The training for becoming a servant/slave for Christ. We shouldn't live without living for him! We need to show everyone on earth his love. Have you heard this saying before? "Actions speak louder than words"? Well it is true! If we show people actions through love they may want to know more about the love of Christ! "In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father" Matthew 5:16

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad it worked out for you to start volunteering! I'm sure they love having sweet and helpful volunteers like you and I'm sure the kids love you!

    ReplyDelete

Comments always make my day