Friday, June 22, 2012

New River Gorge Experience and Seeking God


  • We had a wonderful time in West Virginia! We climbed on a 5.9 (a harder, but not the hardest route :) ).On the night that we were camping it started to downpoor. Well, it seemed that our tent (the one Savvy and I were sleeping in) was not repelling water. So all of it was coming inside and soon we had puddles in the corner of our tent. We finally went inside our van and spent the night all cozy and dry. In the morning we went to a place in the New River Gorge called Junkyard Trails. We set up all of our rock climbing stuff and I got on the wall on the 5.6 (a pretty easy climb inside) I got to this part of the rock they (climbers) call North Carolina (because of how its shaped) and I found out that it was just sitting there on the side of the rock. By now I had to climb on it and felt uncomfortable, because I felt I might pull it off. Daddy assured me I wouldn't and after a while of hesitation I finally climbed on it. By now it was pouring down rain, and it was not the best way to climb in the rain and all, but I had stayed on. It was getting more difficult climbing, and I almost came down, but after a bit I finally made it to the top and said "Neither rain, nor sleet, nor snow could keep Soleil from reaching the top!" When I got down we went into a cave until the rain stopped and explored. The cave let out on the other side of the rock and Daddy, Savvy and I walked around looking at the rock and the climbs on it. After a while we went back to climb, and to end the day we had wings for supper. (I liked the BBQ the best).
  • A few things I need to ask for everyday. But, the most I need is wisdom and patience. Now I know everyone needs those, but not everyone has asked for it. I am not the best sister (Savvy will tell you) and my patience wears off easily, but it doesn't wear off as easily as it did. Wisdom I need so I think before I speak (or do). I will always do things that I am sorry for the next second, and that is usually hard stopping. When I opened up my devotion today (After I had ignored to open it in a while) I came upon this verse which was meant for me after I talked to the Lord just a minute before...  "You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all of your heart."  Jeremiah 29:13
  • Also I get devotions from Voice of the Martyrs and this is a small piece "'The Son of God was tortured and gave his life for me. Through him I can reach heaven. Can you pay a higher price than that?'" quote by Sabina Wurmbrand. If you want to read all of it I will copy it at the bottom of the post.
  • Here is a song that is stuck in my head
  • HERE IS THE REST OF THE VOM DEVOTION
  • The repetition was maddening, and Sabina’s nerves were stretched to the breaking point. But the officer was unrelenting. “We have methods of making you talk which you won’t like. Don’t try to be clever with us. It wastes our time.”
  •     Their questions were aimed at getting her to reveal the names of other Christians—those whom she had mothered in the faith and encouraged to be strong in the face of persecution. Now it was her turn to be strong, but she didn’t think she could bear another one of those interrogation sessions.
        The next session was played with a gentler, craftier approach. The interrogator was alone and smiling. “Dear woman, you are only thirty-six years old, with your whole life before you. Just give us the names of the traitors.” Sabina remained silent.
        He continued, “Let’s talk practically. Everyone has his price, so why don’t you just name yours? Just tell us what you want. Freedom for you and your husband? A nice home and a church? We would take good care of your family.”
        Sabina responded with the fiery conviction, “Thank you, but I have sold myself already.”
        “You have?” the interrogator interrupted. “For how much and to whom?”
        “The Son of God was tortured and gave his life for me. Through him I can reach heaven. Can you pay a higher price than that?”

  • We expect teenagers to go through it. We say it’s a rite of passage. Yet we never think it will continue to plague us as adults. Peer pressure. It’s that all-too-familiar feeling of “being bought” by someone or something whenever we are tempted to compromise our values. After the deal is done, we feel like suckers. Fools. We feel cheap, having betrayed our own self-worth. However, Christ paid the ultimate price in order to win our affections. If everyone has a price, he named ours for us, once and for all. His purchase of blood makes us invaluable in his sight. You are already bought and paid for, so don’t sell yourself short. Remind yourself of that today.
  • God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments always make my day