Wednesday, August 22, 2012

The Urge To Do It Later

  • Today I was getting ready to leave the house with my family, when I was picking up a book to bring along. As I was doing this I saw my Bible, and my devotional, Jesus Calling, by Sarah Young. I felt an urge to pick it up and start reading it, but part of me was telling me to just do it later in the day. And you won't believe what I saw once I did sit down and opened my devotional! It was titled: Focusing Your Thoughst, but the first words I saw was: "Start your morning with Me. Resist that urge to roll over for just a few minutes of sleep" God was already talking to me and I almost ignored Him! He knew how I was feeling. I also know I always want to have a few more minutes of sleep whenever I wake up. So when I saw this I felt bad that I was putting God off. On my to-do-list for later, but whenever I do that I never really seem to do it! I hope by sharing this devotion with you all you can be encouraged to not leave God on your do-later-list.
  • God bless!
  • ....Focusing Your Thoughts
Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and are worthy of praise.  Philippians 4:8 [NLT]
Start your morning with Me. Resist that urge to roll over for just a few more minutes of sleep. Don't fill your room with music or television just yet."  (for me it would be the computer) "Take a few moments to center your thoughts on Me. And let Me fill you with My Joy and Peace.

Then as you go through your day, keep your thoughts focused on Me and My blessing. Pay attention to the things that are best-the things that are worth taking time for-like a true friend, the honor of a grandparent, the pure innocence of a baby, or the loveliness of My creation. Whatever is excellent and good, notice these things and praise Me for them. They are My blessings for you this day.

Read on your own:
     Isaiah 40:31; Psalm 27:4"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments always make my day