Saturday, December 15, 2012

Blessings in November

The month of November was a VERY busy yet wonderful life changing month for me. 
  • November 8th was the day that my baby sister, Isabella Grace, was born on.
  • November 11th. we celebrated her birth with family and friends.
  •  November 14th (2011) is the day we were able to meet our sweet sister. 
  • November 15th (2011) my sister and I were able to see a picture of her from the NICU  (they wouldn't allow us in the NICU until a couple of days later).
  • November 17th, National Adoption Day was the most exciting day this year, I believe, for our family. The adoption papers for Isabella Grace were finalized and she is officially in our family.
  • November 28th, As some of you know, I did NaNoWriMo this year (National Novel Writing Month). My goal was to get a 50,000 word novel done with the dates of November 1-30th. Which, with the help of the Lord, I was able to finish.
   As we all were excited about adopting this little girl into our family, I was a little hesitant to give a sigh of relief before the papers were ACTUALLY signed. With my experience and false hope with our last foster sister, I didn't want to go through that again. With Isabella, I was waiting for that call that said, "Uh, we're sorry to say this, but we found a family member we didn't know about until two days ago, and they are going to take the baby". I was waiting for that phone call all the way until November 17th, when I knew that she was officially in our family.
  •    With our last and first foster sister, we weren't actually prepared, and so we were all expecting to adopt her. We went up and down many hills as her parents had her home, then she was back with us a few times, and finally she was sent back to her parents. I prayed to God that she would be placed in the home she would find him, though at times I am sure I was really just praying for him to give her to us. I now pray for her and her family everyday, but it also just breaks my heart when I think about, "What if she doesn't ever have a relationship with Jesus?" I know where she will go. It is the uncertainty of not knowing, and having to trust God, and give it all to him that I am able to go through it all. When we had our foster sister, everyone around us was either having babies, or adopting a little one around the age of our sister. It was really difficult at first to be around them. One little girl in particular helped me through it as well. Not because of how she looked or sounded, but because at the few times I saw her, she helped comfort me in some unexplainable way. These are some of the thoughts that run through my head everyday, but the one that always does is, "Will my foster sister know the Lord?"
  • If you are ever struggling through uncertain times, just stop, pray, and give it all to God. Because He is the one that helps us through everything.
  • God bless you all this week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments always make my day