Sunday, December 16, 2012

Is Christ In Our Goals?

  • Often times we all have a goal. We all set that goal and train to reach it. But is that goal really worth it? Is Christ in this goal?
  •  In James 4:13-17 he talks about how we, as Christians, should not have self-confidence. We should not say "Today or tomorrow we are going to a certain town and will stay there a year. We will do buisiness there and make a profit."(verse 13) Instead James instructs us in vers 15-16 "What you ought to say is 'If the Lord wants us to, we will live and do this or that.' Otherwise you are boasting about your own plans, and all such boasting is evil."
  • Sometimes when doing your own thing you are showing that you are independant. That you don't need help, and some people say that they don't need God. Since I do rock climbing as a sport you can get drawn into it very easily. My rock gym doesn't play Christian music, and though I love music I need to be careful about it. A lot of the people who climb either don't know the Lord or don't acknoledge Him. Rock climbing can be a VERY dark world, and you don't always have other Christians climbing with you. When I was at one of my climbing practices I realized that you can easily be drawn into it all, and have a lot of fun trying over again and again to win ribbons and peoples aproval. If you win Nationals you don't talk about it over and over again throughout your life, showing how good you are and proclaiming it all over the place. People only acknoledge it for maybe a week. Before it falls into your past and no one really remembers. I don't seek to have the worldly pleasures, but I love to compete whenever I can. When I am on the rock climbing team I try to show God's love to my team mates, coach, competetors, and other climbers. I want them ALL to know the Lord so very much, but its so hard! When others don't share the same view of the Lord as you sometime you are careful about what you say. If the Lord wants me to I hope to go to Nationals next year, and make it to the second day. If it doesn't than I won't be mad because I would have tried my best just like I did last year. what I am trying to say is that you should acknowledge to everyone that the Lord is in control of your EVERYDAY life. Not just on certain occasions. The Lord has a SPECIFIC plan JUST for YOU! He knows how to train you for it, and you might not even see His hand guiding you until a few years from now, but He is there and has it all laid out on the paper.
  • "Remember, it is a sin to know what you ought to do and then not do it."(verse 17)
  • God bless!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments always make my day