Thursday, January 24, 2013

Don't do stuff all the time just because you can

  • My family and I are missionary's to the people on our street.(Something I have always wanted to be, and hope to go overseas to do, one day). Though one thing that almost every person who has lived has something stolen from them, which thankfully God has protected our house from. The other day as my dad and I were on the main road he was telling me that a lot of people steal just because they can,  even if they don't need it or want it. Yesterday, as I was reading Proverbs 22  this passage caught my eye. "Don't rob from the poor just because you can, or exploit the needy in court. For the Lord is their defender. He will ruin anyone who ruins them," Proverbs 22:22-23. This verse has a lot of different way's it could be interpreted, but the way I read it was, "Don't rob...just because you can."  We shouldn't always do something just because we can. Like buy what everyone else is wearing or buying, or do the things other people do, like drugs and other sinful things. Instead of condemning, pray for the people around you that are doing things that God isn't happy with, even when we are not perfect. That prayer may help them one day, because I am confident that God will show himself to that person.
  • God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments always make my day