Friday, May 31, 2013
Wednesday, May 29, 2013
- I love watching a plan of God take place. how he puts a dot here and there and then he slowly connects them to form a bigger picture. That is how our life is. Everybody's life is a dot in God's big picture, and sometimes he puts smaller ones inside of it. We all have a reason to be here. God knows what he has stored for us, and for us to find out we just have to go with the flow and see where God has placed us.
- This week God has been showing me that I shouldn't worry about tomorrow. As Jesus says in Matthew 6:31,32
If I look ahead for what we'll be doing in June all of it is just stuffed with so much stuff it can be overwhelming, but if I look ahead at just today my life is not being flooded. Because things will change. For example: Trips will be canceled, Prices go up, People move, and a million other things. But we need to just let that stuff go.
- Title "God, can I ask you a question?"
Me:God, can I ask you a question?
Me:Promise you won't get mad?
Me:Why did you let so much stuff happen to me today?
God:What do you mean?
Me:Well, I woke up late.
Me:My car took forever to start.
Me:At lunch they made my sandwich wrong and I had to wait.
Me:On the way home my phone went dead just as I picked up a call.
Me:And on top of all that, when I got home I just wanted to soak my feet in my new foot massager and relax, but it wouldn't work!!! Nothing went right today! Why did you do that?
God:Well, let me see. The Death Angel was at your bed this morning and I had to send one of the other angels to battle him for your life. I let you sleep through that.
GOD:I didn't let your car start because there was a drunk driver on your route that would have hit you if you were on the road.
God:The person who made your first sandwich today was sick and I didn't want you to catch what he has. I knew youcouldn't afford to miss work.
God:Your phone went dead because the person who was calling was going to give false witness about what you said during that call. I didn't even let you talk to them so that you would be covered.
Me:(softly) I see, God.
God:Oh, and that foot massager had a short that was going to throw out all of the power in your house tonight. I didn't think you wanted to be in the dark.
Me:I'm sorry God.
God:Don't be sorry, just learn to trust me in all things, the good and the bad.
Me:I will trust you.
God:And don't doubt that MY plan for your day is always better than your plan.
Me:I won't, God. And let me just tell you God, thank you for everything today.
God:You're welcome, child. It was just another day being your God, and I love looking after my children.
Thursday, May 16, 2013
- I have rock climbing practice every Tuesday and Thursday, sometimes Saturday. Well, our team is learning how to lead (when you pull the rope from the ground and clip into caribeaners). We all were doing the normal thing. As we were climbing I was thinking, "It would be kind of nice to have a rope to climb in the rock gym." My dad has a rope, but it's kind of long for a 40ft wall, but I was fine with using it if he said yes. Well, God heard my thoughts (I didn't even ask!) and he decided to let me be lead belay certified AND gave me my own climbing rope!!! Isn't God good?! He hears the little thoughts we say to ourselves, and sometimes he decides to bless us. It might not have been a big deal to some people, but for me that was a blessing.
- He blesses us with a lot of things, education, family, homes, computers, phones, electricity, running water etc. (I could write tons of books of what we are blessed with). Some blessing are things we need, while others are things that help our life be easier (not that it always is). Look around you. Don't you see God's thumbprint?
- What little things has God blessed YOU with this week?
Sunday, May 12, 2013
Saturday, May 11, 2013
- Free Iran Alive DVDUPDATE: OFFER EXTENDEDThe Voice of the Martyrs received an overwhelming response to its Iran Alive DVD offer in April. Thousands of believers across the United States requested the FREE DVD, sharing in the hope of God's work in a culture dominated by Islam.“My husband and I enjoyed the faith that just spilled out when they spoke with such passion and desperation for a new life.”— CARLY S.Realizing the powerful effect of the Iran Alive DVD, The Voice of the Martyrs has extended this FREE online offer. We also encourage you to forward this e-mail to your Christian friends and share the offer with them. If you have recently requested a copy, VOM is processing your DVD order.“GREAT DVD that moved me to tears several times!! I will be passing these out to friends and family.”— MIKE C.Iran Alive brings to life the powerful testimonies of Muslims in Iran who are turning to Christ.“The testimonies were incredibly heart touching. It's great to see God moving in Iran!”— BRAD E.Please forward this offer to your Christian friends so they, too, can witness the power of God at work in the hearts of those previously opposed to the gospel.For those in bonds,The Voice of the MartyrsFree DVD offer limited to U.S. residents only; one request per household please. Please allow 3-6 weeks for delivery.
Tuesday, May 7, 2013
- I have just heard about the amazing story of how three women that were kidnapped ten years ago were finally rescued just yesterday. God is so good! Please pray for these three women as they are being reunited with their families and are recovering. Pray also that they would see the hand of God through this miracle.
- God bless.
Friday, May 3, 2013
- What does this mother want most for Mother's Day?
Hope for Her Child
In South Asia, Dalits are considered the lowest class of people. They face intense persecution and hatred. Dalit mothers watch as their children:
- become beggars or daily wage laborers.
- grow up without any hope for an education.
- receive beatings from their employers.
- live without adequate food or proper clothing.
A Mother’s Desperate Longing
Gayana was only twenty when her husband died, leaving her and their young son, Vikranta, alone in the world. Gayana despaired as she wondered how she would provide for Vikranta. She was no longer welcome at her in-laws home, and her elderly parents were unable to support her.
Having nowhere else to go, Gayana moved in with one of her sisters. She was so distressed over her situation that she stopped eating and sank into a deep depression.
Then a neighbor told her about a nearby Gospel for Asia Bridge of Hope center, a place that offered help to poor children. Gayana visited the center and shared her desperate story with the director. To Gayana’s great joy and relief, Vikranta was enrolled in Bridge of Hope immediately.
Bridge of Hope Has the Answer
Bridge of Hope provided Vikranta with everything he needed to attend and thrive at school. Although Gayana found work as a daily wage laborer, she earns only about a dollar a day. Without Bridge of Hope, she would never have been able to provide her son with the education he is receiving. Gayana is happy and grateful that her son has been given a chance—a chance that many Asian mothers only dream of their children having.
Thousands Ready to Receive Joy
20,000 children are still waiting to enroll in a Bridge of Hope center. All they are waiting for is a sponsor. All they are waiting for is you. For just $35 a month, you can provide a mother with the hope she is longing for. Her child will receive
- a daily nutritious meal.
- the message of Jesus’ love.
- a quality education.
- a better life than she had.
To find out how you can sponsor a child today, visit www.gfa.org/bridge
This Mother’s Day, sponsor a child in your mother’s honor, and bring hope to mothers who have none. Visit www.gfa.org/bridge to find out more.
Wednesday, May 1, 2013
- All of the time we go from one place to another just passing time away, but do you ever pass your time away living a Christ-like life? We pass by hundreds of people in a Walmart or shopping center, yet how many of these truly have a relationship with Jesus? Some people say, "You have the works, and I have the faith," but that can't be, because we can't live our whole life in faith that someone will help that person, not showing Christ in their actions. Our actions show our faith.
- Unless we do something about our faith, no one will find the love of Christ. Are your "actions speaking louder than words"?
- God bless.