- This is an amazing video! Please watch... You Should Know
Sunday, June 30, 2013
Saturday, June 29, 2013
- My life has been changed. Not for worse, but for the better.
- I can't say I don't know, so I'll do my best to share the news.
- To change the world and let others know so that they too can change the world.
- I love my God because he cares. So I'll share Christ's love to the people of the World.
- To be a light that will stay lit until God calls me home.
Friday, June 14, 2013
- My baby sister, Izzy, is, slowly, learning to walk. For the her therapy we have to hold one of her hands and help her walk. As I was doing this the other day I was struck by the way Izzy was holding my hand. Two things. 1. She was holding it in a death grip. and 2. She trusted me enough to hold on my hand. When I think about this she is showing a couple of things. She clings tightly and at her age (under two) she already trusts people, and it made me wonder if we easily do the same thing with God. When we are nervous or are doing our everyday life do we cling to God to be in His presence every day? Do we trust God enough to hold His hand and let Him lead us down the narrow path? Just think about it.
- God bless.
Monday, June 10, 2013
- I received this email a little while ago and thought I would share it.
- The only survivor of the shipwreck was washed up on a small, uninhabited island. He prayed feverishly for God to rescue him. Every day he scanned the horizon for help, but none seemed forthcoming.
Exhausted, he eventually managed to build a little hut out of driftwood to protect himself from the elements, and to store his few possessions. One day, after scavenging for food, he arrived home to find his little hut in flames, with smoke rolling up to the sky. He felt the worst had happened, and everything was lost. He was stunned with disbelief, grief, and anger. He cried out, 'God! How could you do this to me?'
Early the next day, he was awakened by the sound of a ship approaching th island! It had come to rescue him! 'How did you know I was here?' asked the weary man of his rescuers. 'We saw your smoke signal,' they replied.
The Moral of This Story:
It's easy to get discouraged when things are going bad, but we shouldn't lose heart, because God is at work in our lives, even in the midst of our pain and suffering. Remember that the next time you little hut seems to be burning to the ground. It just may be a smoke signal that summons the Grace of God.