Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Last Post for 2013


  • It's amazing how fast the year went by for our family. It doesn't feel like it's going to be the new year tomorrow, but it is. So, as the last post for this year I am looking back.
  • Close to the beginning of the year, on Feb 26th, we lost my grandfather. I'm very thankful God allowed my family and I to be able to say goodbye, as many do not have this opportunity.  In March I had my 14th birthday, celebrating it with family and my baby sister (who turned 2 this year!) it was my first birthday with her as my official sister. In the summer, my Dad took a few groups of kids from our neighborhood out on the river, which is always fun! (to find out more about the organization my parents started go to their website www.urbanmountainadventures.org or to their facebook page) In August my Dad and I flew out to Washington, ahead of my mom and siblings. We did a father daughter climb on Mt. Adams and Mt. Baker. It was the best thing ever! It was my first experience mountain climbing and it was awesome. This fall my sister Savvy and I have been training for our rock climbing competitions.(In early January we are competing in Iowa.) In October my mom, my two sisters, and I visited friends in California, then in November we visited family in Texas. It was so good to see cousins, uncle, and grandmother. 
  • Wow. There's only so much one can write about their experience, for most of it is all stored in ones heart. I hope you had a blessed year, and may the new year of 2014 be full of adventure. God bless! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments always make my day