Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Don't Worry


My day has been mainly of me taking a practice ACT math test, skimming over the ACT science, and looking up a few random and not so random things on the internet. After having the house to myself for most of the day, I got in the car, turned the radio on, and ran an errand for my amazing mom. I was exited to get out of the house, and just not think of the future. As I came back, the radio hostess was talking about a challenge that is currently going on, and said that today's challenge was to not worry. 
I start my senior year of school next week, and am about to start cramming everything I can for the October ACT test. With the possibility of going to college next fall, and trying to get a couple jobs, and still be calm and listen to God,  I easily start freaking out and worrying about what's in the future. But things like this, where God uses the radio and a certain song or two, remind me that I shouldn't worry.
                   "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is no life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?" Matthew 6:25-27

All the songs I've listened to in the past 30 minutes have basically been about trusting God, living for God, and to not worry. One that I enjoyed, What You Want by Tenth Avenue North, came on, and I just wanted to share some of the lyrics:

Everyday, I've been feeling the pressure
I always gotta know the plan
It's a weight that I've tried to shoulder
I thought I could, but I can't
And I'm so tired of chasing dreams
When I am wired to let you lead

You're changing my heart
To want what You want
To love how You love
And that is enough
There's no greater plan
That I need to know
You only ask me to follow


We shouldn't try to take so much control in our lives, that we don't let God continue to guide us. In our world, we often think that the more control we have, the better, when it just causes more stress for us in the end.
                                "Turn our worries in to prayers," -Amanda Carrol.
Every time you worry about something, send a prayer up. God listens to you. The Creator of the world, hears you. Don't be afraid of the future, because God has a wonderful plan for you.


~Whatever you are going through, don't give in to the worry and fear. Choose to follow God, and He will show you. All you have to do is trust.~

6 comments:

  1. Wow. Great post, Soleil. :) I too seem to be worrying more and more about the future and what it holds. But God has it all under control, I just have to give my worries over to him. <3

    And I'm head-over-heels for Tenth Avenue North's new song. xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Faith!
      I feel I am constantly learning this lesson over again, but i often forget to just trust God.

      Isn't the song awesome?!

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh, is this song new?! I MUST LISTEN TO IT AT ONCE (as soon as I get headphones) BECAUSE THE LYRICS ARE PERFECTION. o.o

    // katie grace
    a writer's faith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes it is! I really love it, and the lyrics are awesome.
    Thanks so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful. And I love that song. <3 It's a great reminder. I struggle with wanting to be physically up to doing what I want, but every day I have to lay my will back down and learn to accept that this is where He has me. And His agenda is way better than mine, even if I can't see the big picture yet.
    Thanks for sharing this post, Soleil. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments always make my day