Saturday, November 12, 2016

I Wrote 12k in One Day!!!

It is the 12th day of November/NaNo, and on day 1 I wrote 12k. Seems only fitting to post today.

So earlier this year I was like "NaNo? Yeah I can't wait to do it! Not sure what I'll do thought."
By October I was like "Yeah, I don't know. I still have a whole lot of stuff I need to do for school..."
Two weeks before NaNo: "I'm still not sure. I either will or will not."
Days before NaNo: *signs up to do a 5k1day writing event* "I don't think I can do this." (can you see where this is going? XD )
A day or two before NaNo: updates my profile a bit, and can't for the life of me write a summary.
Day before NaNo: I'm doing this
10pm: exhausted. Not sure if I'll stay up late to begin.
11pm: takes a small nap.
Nov 1: I began at 12am, and wrote until 1. I got over 1,000 words -not sure the official count, because I was exhausted and didn't memorize the amount. I fell asleep quite fast.
            *wakes up and scrambles for computer* I word warred with fellow NaNoers. by the afternoon, early evening I got my 5k  *celebrates* Then, as I continued writing, I had a horrible thought on the Google Hangout I was on:
Me: *wonders if I could make it to 10k*
Jonathan: "You can do it!"
For the rest of the evening, I warred with Mary (10k), Julia and Sarah (who got 11k), and many others. By the end of the night, I had reached 12k *screams* *stares in shock and amazement* HOW DID I DO THAT? No idea. But got to 20k in only 4 days. So I'm just hoping I'll have enough words to actually write in this story, because I am totally pantsing this thing. (I thought I plotted, but apparently not. whoops)

Two of my fellow bloggers have already made it to 50k. (I'm still not sure how they did it) But to celebrate, me and some other writers "hacked" (so she may or may not have given one of us access to her blog) and wrote a blog post. If you haven't been to Mary's blog already, you should because she's really cool.
I'm not sure I want to say how my writing life has been the past couple of days, but let's just say I'm hoping to finally make it to 25k XD
If you've been struggling at all, be sure to check out my post over here on Nov 15. It'll have some tips that I hope will prove helpful to you.

                          To all my fellow writers, continue on! You got this!

What was your word count on day 1? How far in your novel are you currently? Can you believe we're almost halfway through NaNo?

9 comments:

  1. I still don't understand how y'all did it. You are awesome!!! 20K withing 4 days?!?! Wow!!Amazing job! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah, not sure how I did it either. :)
      Are you going to do the next 5k tomm?

      Delete
  2. I'M DOING NANO!!!!!!!!!
    You can visit my blog at Mic's Room (http://lovelypinkduckshome.blogspot.com/)
    -Mic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I haven't done the full 50k in a while, so we'll see how this goes. :)
      I checked out your blog, and it is really cool! Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  3. Hey! seems like a lot of people are doing this NaNo thingy. To be honest I have no idea what it is but... it sounds dangerous 0.0 ... Naaa I'm just kidding. That a really good start! I hope it goes well for you. Though I'm not doing NaNo writing is going well-ish for me *looks back at summer and wonders why I didn't write more*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got worried there for a moment. :D
      That's awesome that writing is going well for you! Writing is so much fun, but is so hard too. You should look into writing sprints, they help me a LOT.

      Delete
    2. Very interesting I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the tip!

      Delete
  4. Wow, congrats!!! That's awesome!!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Comments always make my day