Tuesday, November 29, 2016

November Wrap-Up, NaNoWriMo



November is already ending.  O.O *shakes head* Not sure how that happened, but it's true. That means it is time for my monthly wrap up.


                 BLOGGING

I have 29 followers?! I think my NaNo hangout helped out with pushing it up this month, but it is encouraging to keep up the blog when I see a new face added to my followers bar. Thanks so much for sticking around and reading my posts!

I actually posted back over here! (yay) I am excited to start posting more than just reviews again. Not sure how frequent it will be, but at least more than it has in the past year. :)
I took part in two awesome posts this month. Those from my writing hangout "hacked" into two of our fellow writers blogs and posted a blog post to congratulate them on finishing NaNo so quickly and a birthday post. So go check out Mary and Sarah's blogs!

Thanksgiving

I Wrote 12k in One Day!

A Trip to the Library


            


            READING
So, I didn't read all the books I would have liked, and didn't like some of the ones I tried. As some of you saw in my Trip to the Library post, I brought home quite a stack a little while ago, and I probably only read about half of them. Some I didn't start because I just wasn't interested in once I checked them out, and others because of time. There was a book or two that I just wasn't to happy about, so after the first few pages I put it down. I did read more than five books though. XD
I read:

  • Storm by Bonnie C.
  • Stars Above by Marissa M
  • Siren by Kiera C
  • Favorite Fairytales Told in Russia by V
  • some of Grimm's Fairytales
  • Counted with the Stars by Connilyn C
  • Shadows of the Storm by Connilyn C
  • Rebels in the Sand by Alwyn H
  • An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa T





                 WRITING
I took part of NaNoWriMo this month, and amazingly I got farther than I thought I would get. (A TOTAL OF 50,300 WORDS!!!) I have basically finished the rough draft of my novel, Changeling , and will soon be sharing more about it to you guys. (I may or may not do a Beautiful Books post? I know it's after November, but the questions still count, right? XD) I am really excited. It's been so long since I've had anything this big, and the thought that I might actually be able to have this story in a somewhat presentable form next year?!
I also wrote 12k in one day. I have no idea how I survived, but I have the words to prove it. :)

                OTHER STUFF
-I found out that I could print my novel on a scarf through Litograph (SO COOL!)
-I work better at night as long as I can "sleep in."
-I have 3 writing conferences I would love to go to, so I'm trying to see if I can make one of them work
-Time-lapse videos are a lot of fun.
-I organized my bookshelf in the midst of NaNo, but I think I might redo it again and put it in a different order. XD We'll see.
-Loving this colder weather.
-I redid my blog a little bit. Added an "about the authoress" page, and a Russia page. Will soon be adding a page about some of my writing.
-I sort've made a button for my blog. I couldn't get the code, but the picture is at the top right of my blog if you're interested.






What were some of your favorite parts of November? For those of who who were writing, did you meet your goal? Are you excited for December?


14 comments:

  1. Congrats on winning NaNo, Soleil!! That's very exciting. :)
    That's really neat about being able to print on a scarf - I'll have to keep that in mind. ^.^
    Nice amount of books you read. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I know right?! A scarf like that would be so cool for a written works. Even if it was just a short story, cause they repeat it until it's full.

      Delete
    2. Yes, it would be! And what a cool keepsake that would be.
      Just watched the video - that's really neat. ^.^

      Delete
  2. Time lapse – yes!!! So cool. XD
    Congrats on winning NaNo, that's so awesome!! :)
    Printed on a scarf? Really? Ohmygoodness. That's so cool. :P

    Great post!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just got my time lapse video linked up. (it wouldn't load in the beginning for some reason)
      Thanks so much! And isn't it? Their store has a lot of other cool items. *nods*

      Delete
  3. Congrats on all you accomplished during November! *clapping* November is a crazy month and to see how much you got done is amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was indeed a crazy month, but I enjoyed November so much. Cannot believe it is December tomorrow. O.o

      Delete
    2. Yeah it's crazy how fast time flies by. Soon it will be 2017?!

      Delete
  4. Congrats on finishing NaNo!! :D I can't wait to read your novel sometime! :)
    A scarf with your novel printed on it?!?! That is so cool!!!
    All your books are sooo pretty! :)
    Yes, I am looking forward to December. And snow. I want snow sooo bad. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I can't wait to start sharing more about it, but I may be a bit before I share snippets XD.
      Me too! We've only had like, a small flurry, but you could hardly tell. I want some sledding snow this year XP

      Delete
  5. Dude... you were so crazy busy and productive during NaNoWriMo. All those books? And writing 12k in one day? W...haaat? I'm super impressed. :D

    How did you like An Ember in the Ashes?

    katie grace
    a writer's faith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie! You did great too!
      I really enjoyed "An Ember in the Ashes" it wasn't as romancey as the book summary stated, and I liked the story a lot. Am excited to read the next one!

      Delete
  6. Congratulations on winning NaNoWriMo! sounds like it was an adventure.

    I just found your blog through a mutual follower but yeah I hope you have a great day. you're precious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! NaNo was quite the experiance, and I enjoyed it a lot. Hope to see you around! :)

      Delete

Comments always make my day