Thursday, November 24, 2016

Thanksgiving



Thanksgiving! It is that time where we celebrate the time of thankfulness- like Christmas!  (don't worry, I won't skip to Christmas XD) I'm currently away in our family's mountain cabin, enjoying time with family, a Thanksgiving meal, and hopefully stargazing and campfires. XD I'm so excited to be able to have this break. It's something my family has needed as we are transitioning into a new season. This will be the first time my family has done a Thanksgiving like this. The cabin we are staying in is very rustic, and is surrounded by mountains, and is just a little ways away from an old hot springs hotel.
I have so much to be thankful for this year, so I'll be sharing five things I am thankful for. (It would be longer, but I have so much I have to get ready for)


                                                                       ~~*~~




1) Russia.
I know there is a lot going on over there, but I truly had an amazing experience there. I met so many sweet people, and if God ever makes it so, I hope to go back. There was so much that happened there, but if you are interested in knowing more about it, you can read about some of it on my page above ^

2) Family and Friends
I am so thankful for my family and friends, and how they've supported and guided me through life. My family has helped me so much this year, and I don't know what I would do without them. As for my awesome friends, I am so blessed to have you guys, and you have helped keep me going when I was overwhelmed by so many different things.

3) Blogging
I have met many wonderful bloggers, and have had a blast doing so. I kinda stopped posting on this particular blog for a while (sorry) But I am determined to change that. *nods* I have been trying to figure out how I am doing my two blogs, and think I finally have figured it out. (those who use Blogger, what do you think of the new layout?) So you should be getting more posts over here.

4) NaNo '16 Hangout.
You guys are awesome, and I am not sure I could have written so much without you all. I had so much fun warring with you guys and reading your snippets. (I really want to read your guys' books. They sound SO good!) Thanks so much Abi for opening the 5k1day for us all!

5) Winter
I LOVE winter. Or any cold weather for that matter. I am so thankful that the weather here in my home town is actually cold. Last year it was summer until just a couple months before spring. It wasn't fun. When it's suppose to be cold, I want it to be cold. I love snuggling up in a soft blanket, perhaps with a warm drink in hand, and watching a movie, or sitting by a fire with Christmas lights lighting the room. I also love watching snowflakes, looking at their different designs just before they melt. (It makes for some awesome sledding as well XD)



What are you doing for Thanksgiving? Do you have any family traditions?  Are you already starting to get into a Christmas mood? What are 5 things you are thankful for?









2 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving! wow that sounds like my dream cabin! Those are some great things to be thankful for. I use Blogger (as you can see :} ) I think it's okay. I was a little confused at first. What do you think of it? I'm Thankful for (I'm going to just make one word answers so this comment isn't to long) Christ, Family, The Days, My Pastor, and School

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is quite a place to stay. So nice to be able to be unplugged from everything. Your body just automaticly changes, and by night time you are exhausted. (you think it's midnight, but it's only 7pm XD)
      I like the new Blogger, not sure if I care for one more than the other, but it isn't horrible.
      Those are some great things to be thankful for! This post could have been so long if I had the time. :)

      Delete

Comments always make my day