Friday, December 16, 2016

Beyond the Horizon Tour



About the authoress:
Jesseca is an 18-year old daughter, sister, and a child of God. Her days are spent reading, cooking, spending time with siblings, or playing piano. And of course, writing! At an early age, words fascinated her, and her love for the printed page has only grown. She lives with her parents and seven siblings in the sunny state of Kansas,  and she's convinced there's no place like home.   



Summary: Eliana longs to see the world beyond the mountains that tower above Salzburg, Austria, but knows that dream will never see such adventure- and neither will she.

Surrounded by a world of cruelty, she lives for the weekly visits of Aron, a boy she met on one of her rambles through the countryside.

But as the years pass and she begins to grow older, a new and unwelcome world is opened up to her.
On a fateful night at a party she vowed she’d never attend, she comes face to face with a shocking truth.

As the world around her teeters on the brink of war, Eliana struggles to figure out just where her loyalty lies; a decision that will drastically change the course of her life. Will she ever be free to see what lies beyond the horizon?
Review:
I love stories set in WW2 era, and I love fairytale retellings, so wanting to read Jesseca's story with both in it was a no brainer. I loved the story and the characters. It was delicate and sweet, and awesome. I wanted it to go on so I could continue enjoying the story. Aron was so kind to Eliana, and I loved their relationiship. When one of them was in trouble, the other would look out for them. If they were going through something, then The other would offer advice.
The story is a generally quick read, and one I think many will enjoy. I encourage you to get your copy of Jesseca's book. It's the perfect read for Christmas time. :)

https://jessaswhimsicalwritings.blogspot.com/?m=1

6 comments:

  1. Great review! I really enjoyed this book too! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, so glad you enjoyed it, Soleil!1 :D Thanks so much for reviewing it, and for being a part of the blog tour!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for letting me read it!

      Delete
  3. Greta review, Soleil!! :) I loved this one <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! Yes, it was such a sweet story was it not?

    ReplyDelete

Comments always make my day