Saturday, January 7, 2017

Winter Wonderland

















(side note, we may or may not have tried to fly a drone at the park, and landed it in a tree. If you know any expert tree climbers for small, tall trees, feel free to recommend ;P)







I must say, when I woke up this morning and saw the world covered in while outside my bedroom window, I was quite happy. (even though I may or may not have rested for a few more minutes before getting up.) Though as soon as I heard my little sister scream in the house, I knew exactly what it was for. She was excited for snow. In the past, she had a sort've "traumatic" experience with the car slipping on ice one winter, and never forgot it. (We got stuck, and when some of us got out of the car to push it, she was quite frantic) For the past couple of years she hardly wanted to go outside, but as soon as she saw the white powder covering our yard today, she jumped at the chance to go out.
And I'm glad she enjoyed it because snow is something I love. Yes, there are many things that may be inconvenient because of it, but its beauty always astounds me. So as the day went on, tramping through what was suppose to only be an inch of snow (those weather-forcasts XD) and pulling out my camera, it made for a day full of warm layers and many smiles. Plus, my mom baked all day, so all the smells from the cinnamon rolls and bread filled the house.


                                       [finishing the day with a sparkler]








Do you ever just stop and look at the snowflakes?

14 comments:

  1. Isn't there something so magical about waking up to find snow has fallen? I love it <3. (actually, the most magical is taking a quiet walk by yourself in thick, falling snow. That's my favorite :))

    ~ Savannah
    scattered-scribblings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! There's something that makes it automatically quiet and peaceful.

      Delete
  2. awww your poor little sis! That would be really scary.. :P I'm glad she got over her fear tho XD and blah I'm done with snow lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad she was able to get over her fear too. She had quite a blast sledding XD
      Is it snow in general, or the cold you don't like?

      Delete
  3. Snowwwwww. Those pics just make me wish I lived up north again. Snow is absolutely gorgeous and magical.<33333

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is. But it melts so quickly here too :/ Thankfully I think we have another day with it.
      You need to travel to snow at somepoint. Besides, snow is like glitter, and you're the glitter queen. So you need it ;)

      Delete
  4. Beautiful! I love snow - wish we'd get some more of it here!
    Aw your poor sis. I'm glad she enjoyed the snow this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *hands you some snow* yes, it's not very fun when it's freezing cold, and you don't even have the joy of enjoying snow.

      Delete
  5. *stares* ohhh thheee preettyyy pictureessss gaaahhhneesss <33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks girl! I had a lot of fun bringing out my camera :)

      Delete
  6. Ah, snow... I think it's so pretty as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How nice!~ don't worry I have already shipped expert tree climber Via UPS he should be arriving within the week. He doesn't speak Japanese (since I shipped him to Japan) so as only as you can point to the tree He should get the message. We at the Expert Tree Climber service value your opinion so please let us know how we are doing once the Expert arrives. Have a nice day and don't let the bark bite :P

    ReplyDelete

Comments always make my day