Sunday, February 26, 2017

February 26






it’s been four years
since I’ve seen your face
seeing you only at family gatherings
or a random meeting now and then
i still look for you
i drive by where you lived
and I look up
waiting to see your face in the window
but it’s just as I notice it’s empty
that I remember
you’re gone
you will never come back
i seem to forget that
whenever I go by
because no matter what
i always look
but you aren’t there
i can no longer go to that building
walk through those sliding glass doors
and press the button on the elevator
i can no longer come knocking on your door
and hear you tell stories
of who you helped save
or the cars you had back in the day
no longer can I dance with you
spinning me round on the dance floor
as you did that once



[seeing my grandpa’s window]

6 comments:

  1. This was . . . amazing. So, so achingly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *hugs you* yes. And it only tells of a part. Loss is a strange thing.

      Delete
  2. Wow. This was lovely, Soleil. <3 It's been about 4 and 1/2 years since I lost my Papa and some days I still expect to see him in familiar places. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Faith. I hadn't lost anyone that I really knew before, save for a friend I loss when I was younger, so it had brought out a few things I hadn't experienced for a while.

      Delete

Comments always make my day