Friday, March 17, 2017

Chicago












My family flew me out for my birthday to visit an old friend in Illinois. I had such a blast this past weekend with her (we may or may not have stalked the people on the train. They made very good subjects for our photography lol)
We attacked the used bookstores, and had some great finds. Went to local coffee shops and had conversations over coffee and cocoa, and deep talks over lunch. We caught up on each other's lives and just had a fun time hanging out.

For my "Chicago experience" we went to the Bean (I am not totally sure why this is so popular) and then walked down to Navy Pier. I got some awesome pics, and loved the old buildings and bridges. I also had a Chicago hot dog, which was actually really good. (I'm not a big hot dog fan, but I did enjoy it.) I molded pottery as well, and I look forward to sharing pics once it's glazed. I saw La La Land and...I have to say that I loved that intro scene. It was amazing. *dances/sings and pretends I'm half as good as the actors in the movie*

I got an Instagram, so I'll be sharing my photography with my lovely followers. Excited, and hope I won't explode with pics all at once XD



Have you been or want to go to Chicago? What are your thoughts on La La Land?

14 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! Sounds like a lot of fun. :)
    I went to Chicago once when I was pretty young - all we did was the American Girl Place with family (at least, the girls in the family - Dad, grandpa, and boy cousins went to a zoo and explored Chicago a bit). It was quite a while ago, so I don't remember a TON about the trip. But it was neat. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! I want to the American Girl store there years ago. Just a fading memory now...

      Delete
  2. Lovely pictures! Looks like an awesome trip. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Faith!
      Yes, it was quite fun :)

      Delete
  3. Wow! Chicago sounds so incredibly fun! I loved scrolling through the photos! OHHH AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY! <3<3<3
    -Clara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, I'm glad you like them.
      Thank you! :)

      Delete
  4. Happy *late* Birthday! sounds like you had an awesome time! sadly I've never been to the Windy City (that's the nickname for Chicago right?) I haven't seen La La Land, not a big fan of musicals, but I've heard a lot of good things about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe that is its nickname. :) It was definitely windy when we went.

      Delete
  5. Im glad you enjoyed it :) Im from Chicago so I love it when people find it as amazing as I do.
    Ive been here my whole life and Im still not bored of it.

    Im glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh cool!
      Yes, they kept telling me I needed to come in the summer, but last time I came it was really hot, so I'm not too inclined XD

      Delete
  6. Awww, it looks like you had a great time! That's so awesome of your family to fly you there. :D I've always wanted to go to Chicago but haven't had the chance yet. Hopefully someday. ;)

    (Btw, I love your photos! The first and seventh ones are my favorite. :D)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they were so sweet this year with my gifts.
      Thank you! I didn't take as many as I'd hoped because it was so cold and windy! But i think most of them turned out to be ok. :)

      Delete
  7. *facepalm* WHY HAS EVERYONE SEEN LA LA LAND BUT ME!?!? I'm not even sure if it played at the theater near me...

    It's so cool that you went to Chicago! One day, I'm going to go travel to all the cities like that. One day.

    I love your pics <3

    audrey caylin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *pats you on the back* Well, I'm sure you can see it soon. :)

      That would be so cool! Traveling the country is a lot of fun, though I haven't visited many big cities. Just driven thru and not toured them XP

      Delete

Comments always make my day